Cedar Falls Invokes Snow Emergency for Parts of Town
With the recent snow falls, the City of Cedar Falls has declared a snow emergency beginning at 9:00 pm on Tuesday, February 16, until 7:00 am on Wednesday February 17. During this time, the city will be hauling snow from the Downtown and College Hill areas of the city. As a result, the Snow Emergency will be in effect for the Downtown Parkade and College Hill areas only, and does not apply to any other part of the city.
During the time of the snow emergency, any vehicle blocking traffic or parking in the designated area after that time could receive a citation, or could be towed away at the owner’s expense.
The following streets will be affected as part of this Snow Emergency:
- College Street from 20th to 23rd
- West 23rd from College to Campus
- Main Street from 1st to 5th
- 2nd Street from State to Franklin
- 3rd Street from State to Clay
- 4th Street from State to Washington
- 5th Street from State to Washington
- 200 block to the 600 block of State Street
Cedar Falls Public Safety will be placing no-parking signage in the areas to as a reminder. Motorists are asked to park in a municipal lot for the duration of the snow emergency. More information can be found on the City of Cedar Falls website.
KEEP READING: Here are the best places to retire in America