There are Over 60 Foods on a Stick at the 2022 Iowa State Fair
August 11th will be here before you know it!
Last week, the Iowa State Fair revealed all 53 new foods at this year's fair, including the three finalists in the Best New Food Contest. In addition to all the new foods, there are also some foods on a stick that you may want to try! According to the Iowa State Fair website, there are more than 60 foods on a stick available at this year's fair. Some of those items are pretty standard, like corndogs and cotton candy, but there are also some unusual ones! Here are a few of your options:
- Shrimp Corn Dog @ Zag's Po-Boys - located on R.I. Ave, southwest of the Livestock Pavilion
- Bologna on a Stick @ The Wooden Shoe - located north of the VI Building near the west end
- Loaded Tators on a Stick @ Grater Taters - located west of the Riley Stage
- Fried Olives on a Stick @ Waffle Bombs - located on the southwest side of the Admin Building
- Snickers in a Waffle on a Stick @ Waffle Chix - located in front of the DNR Building
- Caprese Salad on a Stick @ The Salad Bowl - located at the Ag Building, Balcony W
- Deep Fried Meatballs on a Stick @ Waffle Bombs - located on the southwest side of the Admin Building
- Funnel Cake on a Stick @ Jada's Funnel Cake - located on the north side of Grand Ave, south of the Susan Knapp Amphitheatre
- Smoothie on a Stick @ Smith's Strawberry Hut - located west of Jacobson
- Chocolate Covered Key Lime on a Stick @ Dipped in Chocolate - located on the outer perimeter of the Livestock Pavilion
- Deep Fried Pecan Pie with Caramel & Bacon Bits on a Stick @ Deep Fried Twinkies, Oreo Cookies and Candy Bars - located on the front side of the Grandstand
- Bacon Cheddar Cheese on a Stick @ Fyfe's State Fair Grinders and Pizza Bread - located on the south side of the Walk on Triangle
You can check out all of the foods on a stick at the 2022 Iowa State Fair HERE.