Cedar Falls is One of the Top 100 Cities for College Basketball Fans
With a certain tournament of madness on the horizon, here's some exciting news for folks in Cedar Falls: WalletHub has picked the city as one of the top 100 for college hoops fans. Not bad for a town of under 41,000, right?
The study tapped Cedar Falls as the 74th best overall, but even higher, 44th best in it's small cities breakdown. Iowa was well represented with Ames coming in at #30 and Iowa City right behind 'em at #31. Des Moines also made the list at #213. The list included towns of all sizes, and included 291 different cities in total.
In order to determine rankings, WalletHub used metrics that include:
- Number of Division 1 Teams: (Cedar Falls is, of course, home to UNI)
- Note: This metric was calculated by dividing “Number of Wins” by “Total Games Played” and using the past three seasons’ averages.
- Number of Basketball (Division 1) Championship Wins: Full Weight (~12.50 Points)
- Number of Regular Season Championship Wins within the Conference
- Minimum Season Ticket Price for a game.
- College Basketball Fans Engagement (Twitter, Facebook 'likes' etc.)
- Number of Coaches in Past 10 Seasons
- Basketball Stadium Capacity
Overall, not bad having a local city in the top 100, and three overall in the top 100. Here's to continued fandom for the Panthers, Hawkeyes and Cyclones. See more including all the cities that made the list, and where they rank here.
KEEP READING: Here are 50 of the most famous sports goofs
The Funniest Yelp Reviews of C.V. Strip Clubs