The Iowa State Fair Has Unveiled 63 New Fair Foods for 2021
After a year with no Iowa State Fair, the 2021 fair is bound to be HUGE this year! The Grandstand acts have all been announced, as have all the free shows throughout the week, but now we have details on my personal favorite part of the fair... the FOOD!
Yesterday, the Iowa State Fair did a Facebook livestream to announce all of the new fair foods that will debut next month, and there were a lot of them. 63, to be exact! But, only three were chosen to compete for the '2021 Iowa State Fair People's Choice Best New Food Award.' I already have a favorite just from reading the ingredients on the Iowa State Fair website, but I'll let you decide which one you think sounds the best:
- Chicken Egg Salad with Indian Fry Bread
- Located at the Cluckin' Coop by the Iowa Egg Council/Iowa Poultry Association
- "... chicken egg salad with Indian fry bread. This protein packed food will keep fairgoers energized all day long. The cool combination of the chicken and egg salad combined with the warm crispy fry bread (or chips) is the perfect meal or snack. The chicken and egg salad includes crisp celery, cranberries, and toasted pecans. And, to kick it up a notch, they have added cabbage slaw, bacon-tomato aioli, fresh cilantro and a hint of smoked paprika."
- Peanut Butter and Fluff Cookie Dough
- Located at Dipped in Chocolate by Oasis Concessions
- "The Peanut Butter and Fluff Cookie Dough is a delicious cookie dough made with peanut butter, marshmallow fluff, and cocoa krispies that's frozen on a stick and freshly dipped in chocolate when ordered."
- Island Noodles with Teriyaki Chicken
- Located at Island Noodles by Brad Jensen
- "Ingredients include soba noodles, a variety of 21 fresh vegetables and a secret Island sauce. All with white meat teriyaki chicken breast added to the top."
If you attend this year's fair between Thursday, August 12th and Monday, August 16th, you'll be able to cast your vote for your favorite out of the three, with the winner being announced on Wednesday the 18th. If you're curious about what finalists look like, here a little sneak peek:
As far as the other 60 new foods go, here are some of the ones I think sound intriguing:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Ball On A Stick
- Flaming Hot Cheeto Funnel Cake
- Large Duke's Quebec Style Poutine
- Maple Bacon Strawberry Shortcake
- Bacon Pickle Mac N' Cheese
- Pork Rind Nachos
- Bacon Mac Dog
- Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwich
- Tennessee Twinkies
- Buffalo Ranch Popcorn
- Loaded Crab Bites
You can check out the full list of new fair foods for 2021 on the Iowa State Fair's website HERE.