Ticket Sale Policy Announced For East-West Basketball Games
Waterloo School District officials have announced ticket and admission procedures for the upcoming high school basketball games between cross-town rivals East and West.
The varsity doubleheader is being played at East High School's Fred J. Miller Gymnasium on Tuesday, Dec. 3. The girls game is scheduled to begin promptly at 6 PM. Afterward, the boys game will start no more than 25 minutes following the completion of the girls’ game (at approximately 7:30-7:45 PM).
According to district officials, the doors to the gym will be closed at 8:30 PM. After that, no one will be admitted into the facility.
Doors will open at 5:15 PM, prior to the girls game. In order to reduce congestion, West fans should enter the gymnasium using the Main Entrance (Door 1) and East fans will enter through the Athletic Entrance (Door 8).
Tickets for the doubleheader went on sale Thursday.
Ticket Purchasing Procedures For Students:
- ALL high school students must purchase a ticket at their respective school's business office prior to 1 PM on game day. NO tickets to high school students will be sold at the door. Tickets for students with an I.D. are $4, however some restrictions may apply (see school for restrictions).
- East High students with an activity pass may present that pass at the business office by the 1 PM deadline on Dec. 3 to receive their ticket at no cost. West High activity pass holders must still purchase a ticket, since the games are an East High School home event.
- All tickets sold will be numbered and matched up with the appropriate student's name upon presentation of that student's ID both at the time of purchase and at the game that night upon entry.
Ticket Purchasing Procedures For General Public:
- The general public may purchase tickets in advance or at the door the evening of the game. Adult tickets are $5. Anyone wanting to purchase tickets in advance may do so at either high school's business office prior to 1 PM on Dec. 3.
- Any adult purchasing a ticket for an elementary or middle school student must attend the game with their student and also purchase a ticket for themselves.
- Adults with senior passes can show their pass, along with a picture ID, at the door to gain entrance to the game.
- East High Trojans United Booster Club activity pass holders can show their pass and photo I.D. at the door the night of the games to gain access.
- Waterloo Schools employees may gain entry for themselves and a guest by presenting their employee I.D. badge at the door. If the guest is a high school student, he or she will need to follow the high school guidelines listed above.
For questions, contact the East High School Athletic Office at 319-433-2475 or West High School Athletic Office at 319-433-2707.