Mega Millions Jackpot Rolls Over Again
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - The Mega Millions lottery jackpot has rolled again and will be worth at least $750-million for the next drawing.
No ticket matched all the numbers selected in Tuesday's night drawing and the current $750-millon grand prize is the second-largest jackpot in Mega Millions history. It will be up for grabs Friday.
The current record Mega Millions jackpot is $1.537 billion won in South Carolina on October 23, 2018; it remains the world’s largest lotto prize awarded on a single ticket.
The top Mega Millions jackpots to date:
- $1.537 billion 10/23/2018 1-SC
- $750 million (est) 1/15/2021 ?
- $656 million 3/30/2012 3-IL, KS, MD
- $648 million 12/17/2013 2-CA, GA
- $543 million 7/24/2018 1-CA
- $536 million 7/8/2016 1-IN
- $533 million 3/30/2018 1-NJ
- $522 million 6/7/2019 1-CA
- $451 million 1/5/2018 1-FL
- $437 million 1/1/2019 1-NY
As the excitement builds, Friday’s jackpot will likely vie for the honor of being the third-largest lotto prize in American history, as two Powerball jackpots have been won in the same range – $768.4 million and $758.7 million.
Powerball holds the world record for the largest lotto jackpot at $1.586 billion, shared by three winning tickets almost exactly five years ago.
The Powerball game also has a mega jackpot that is on the line Wednesday night. As of 4 am Wednesday, it was worth $550-million.
LOOK: 20 tips to help your houseplants survive the winter