Snow Emergency Declared For Areas Of Cedar Falls
Officials in Cedar Falls have issued a snow emergency for two areas of the city.
Parking downtown and on College Hill will be prohibited from 8 PM Tuesday until 7 AM Wednesday so city crews can haul snow away.
According to city ordinance, parking is prohibited on each street marked with a sign displaying the words "Snow Emergency Route". Cedar Falls Public Safety officers also plan to place "no parking" signage in the areas to correlate with the declaration, a press release said.
Starting at 11 PM Tuesday, any vehicle blocking traffic or parking in the designated areas will be subject to a citation and tow at owner's expense. Motorists should utilize municipal lots while the snow emergency is in effect.
The snow emergency declaration includes the following areas:
- College Street between 20th and 23rd Streets
- West 23rd Street between College and Campus Streets
- Main Street between 1st and 5th Streets
- 2nd Street between State and Franklin Streets
- 3rd Street between State and Clay Streets
- 4th Street between State and Washington Streets
- 5th Street between State and Washington Streets