You Can Now Reserve Your Labor Day Weekend Campsite
We may have just put a wrap on a big Memorial Day camping weekend, but it's not too early to reserve your Labor Day weekend campsite with the Iowa DNR.
As of today (June 1), you can submit your Labor Day weekend reservation for your favorite camping spot at one of the many Iowa state parks. Your reservation must be a minimum of three days (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of Labor Day Weekend).
Reservations are accepted for 50% - 75% of the campsites in all Iowa DNR managed state park, recreation area and state forest campgrounds, except at AA Call, Fort Defiance and Preparation Canyon State Parks. The remaining 25% - 50% of campsites will be available for first-come, first-serve camping only.
Did you know you can reserve a campsite up to 30 days prior to you planned outing? Yes, it's true. For arrivals beginning on May 29, 30, and 31, the opening window shall be March 1.
For arrivals beginning on July 31, the opening window shall be May 1. The last day to make a camping reservation, if paying by credit/debit card, is 2 days prior to arrival.
Because of unpredictable winter weather, between November 1 and March 31, all campsites become walk-in sites and advanced reservations are not available.
HOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW:
Reservation can be made by calling the reservation call center at 1-877-427-2757 or by going online to iowastateparks.reserveamerica.com (web link).
Learn more about the Iowa DNR managed state park camping locations at IowaDNR.gov (web link)